PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal is an integrated Indonesian company based in West Bandung, West Java Province that manufactures marine, aquaculture, and marine ecotourism facilities and equipments with the brand name of Aquatec. First founded in 1993, PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has 12 hectares of production facilities and employs 850 people (Pic. 1). PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has a pool as a show room to exhibit Aquatec products (Pic. 2). As of 2019, we have delivered over 15,750 cages in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, China, Maldives, and Ghana in various sea conditions.
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal facilities include:
1. HDPE Pipe Extrusion MachineGani
Arta Dwitunggal operates 3 high productivity HDPE pipe extrusion machines with size ranging from OD 50mm up to OD 800mm. 2 of the pipe extrusion machines implements co-extrusion technology to layer the HDPE pipe with antibiofouling and anti UV layer to minimize algae growth and prolong product lifetime. This technology is environmentally friendly and the only one in the world, which makes Aquatec HDPE cages the only cages that have minimum biofouling maintenance.
- Everplast HDPE pipe extrusion machine OD 355mm-800mm with the production capacity of capacity of 160km/year.
- Everplast HDPE co-extrusion pipe machine OD 250mm-450mm with the production capacity of capacity of 160km/year, able to produce HDPE pipe that is layered with 1-2mm thick antibiofouling & anti-UV layer.
- Everplast HDPE co-extrusion pipe machine OD 50mm-250mm with the production capacity of capacity of 450km/year, able to produce HDPE pipe that is layered with 1-2mm thick antibiofouling & anti-UV layer.
2. HDPE Injection Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal operates 3 high capacity HDPE injection machines with pressure up to 530 tonnes, 1600 tonnes, and 2100 tonnes, producing a variety of components to be used in HDPE cages, floating dock, and anti-sink boat.
3. HDPE Monofilament Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces its own HDPE monofilament yarn to ensure quality yarn for aquaculture net. The yarns are elongated up to 900% for superior strength.
4. Yarn Preparation Machines
To process HDPE monofilament yarn and UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) yarn, PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has a conical winding machine and a twisting machine.
5. Net Knitting Machines
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal knits knotless HDPE and UHMWPE aquaculture net using German Karl Mayer machines
6. Heat Setting Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal operates 2 heat setting stenter machines.
Gani Arta Dwitunggal manufactures its own molds for injection machines, ensuring fast and efficient product innovation.
8. WPC (Wood Polyethylene Compound) machines
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces high quality WPC board profiles for wide industrial and tourism application, including floating dock and floating house with 3 WPC extrusion machines, brushing and embossing machines
9. Boat making machine
Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces HDPE anti-sink boats from HDPE pipe.
Below is an overview of some of PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborations:
- Aquatec cages has been used in several aquaculture research centers in Indonesia such as Batam, Lampung, Situbondo, Gondol, Lombok, Ambon and Wakatobi research center to research grouper, milk fish, pompano, star pomfret, barramundi, lobster, and yellow fin tuna.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Gondol research center in researching yellow fin tuna hatchery, nursery, and growth. Gondol research center currently has 5 units of 50m diameter Aquatec round cages and 1 unit of 35m diameter Aquatec round cage, as well as several other round, octagonal, and square cages.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Padjajaran University in researching hybrid grouper species in Pangandaran and researching environmentally friendly antifouling agent for net. Padjajaran University currently operates 20 slots of Aquatec square offshore cages for research.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Maluku Marine and Fisheries Department in researching grouper fish.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with East Java Marine and Fisheries Department in testing submersible cage and researching grouper fish.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborated with Lampung reseach center to research vanamei shrimp culture in HDPE cages.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) has tested and developed self-feeding 20m diameter round cage for yellow fin tuna at Wakatobi research center.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) has developed an artificial coral reef for CSR in Tulamben (Bali) and Batam.
PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Aquatec products include HDPE square cages, round cages, submersible cages; UHMWPE knotless anti-predator net; floating dock; Marine Alumunium & Ecowood floating house; and a series of anti sink boat. In the aquaculture sector, Aquatec products are built on the foundation of extensive knowledge in HDPE pipe co-extrusion (for antibiofouling cages), large HDPE component injection, and other HDPE processing since 2008. As demand for aquaculture products rises, so is our capacity and capability in manufacturing advanced HDPE cages. As of 2019, we have delivered over 15,750 cages in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, China, Maldives, and Ghana in various sea conditions.
Here is an overview of some of Aquatec technologies:
1. Knock down cage system with innovative pipe closure method.
One of the first Aquatec product is the Square Flexi Type Cage, designed to be flexible and durable even in 2 meters wave. The main feature of the cage is its knockdown system, where the cage is composed of separate components that can be assembled using stainless steel grade 316 bolts with simple tools, and can be dismantled when needed. This makes the cost of transportation cost very efficient, and the assembly process so convenient. Also, an innovative pipe closure method enables the pipe closure to be completely water resistant and able to resist up to 17,500 kg of force without damage.
2. Improved Butt Fusion.
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal developed round HDPE cages that can be used in offshore waters with waves up to 4 meters high or more. In order to achieve such engineering feat, Aquatec implements improved butt fusion technology, which is a butt fusion connection with the thickness up to twice the thickness of the pipe, resulting in much stronger connection than the pipe itself. This technology eliminates pipe connection damage risk on the round cage. Furthermore, watertight partitions are installed at the pipe joint to divide the pipe into several watertight compartments, which greatly improves the safety and durability of the round cage that enables Aquatec round cage to withstand in harsh waters.
3. Monoblock Pipe Joint (bracket).
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces pipe joint (bracket) for round HDPE cages using high capacity HDPE injection machine in order to make it into a compact one piece component including rail support. The result is a monoblock pipe joint (bracket) that has no connection or weak points, and therefore able to withstand rough sea condition.
4. Antibiofouling HDPE Pipe.
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal layered its HDPE pipe with 1-2mm of anti-UV and Antibiofouling layer. Antibiofouling prevents fouling on HDPE pipe, reducing maintenance efforts and costs associated with biofouling management. Anti-UV protects HDPE pipe from intense UV rays and greatly increase product lifetime. This technology is environmentally friendly and only available with Aquatec.
5. Offshore Submersible Cage
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal developed the fastest submersible cage in the world, first in South East Asia, able to submerge 15 meters underwater in under 5 minutes of operation time and can be refloated back to the surface in under 10 minutes. The cage submerges and refloats perfectly on its sides, always retaining perfect cylindrical net shape. This technology is developed to be used in typhoon prone areas such as Vietnam, Philippines, and south of China, providing quick response to typhoon so that fish farmer can grow fish throughout the year. Aquatec offshore submersible cage is also easy to operate, able to be operated with only 2 operators.
6. UHMWPE Knotless Net
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal is the first in South East Asia to develop UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) knotless aquaculture net that have the tensile strength as strong as steel wire to resist marine predators. The net is also very light and easy to clean.
7. Floating Dock and House
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal developed an innovative floating dock system that is flexible and can follow the movement of waves, while maintaining stability and durability. Aquatec also developed a floating house made of marine aluminum and WPC (Wood Polyethylene Compound) that is seaworthy.
8. Anti Sink Boat.
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal developed a durable anti sink boat for multipurpose use in the form of jukung, catamaran, and heavy duty pontoon