PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal is an integrated Indonesian company based in West Bandung, West Java Province that manufactures marine, aquaculture, and marine ecotourism facilities and equipments with the brand name of Aquatec. First founded in 1993, PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has 12 hectares of production facilities and employs 850 people (Pic. 1). PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has a pool as a show room to exhibit Aquatec products (Pic. 2). As of 2019, we have delivered over 15,750 cages in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, China, Maldives, and Ghana in various sea conditions.
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal facilities include:
1. HDPE Pipe Extrusion MachineGani
Arta Dwitunggal operates 3 high productivity HDPE pipe extrusion machines with size ranging from OD 50mm up to OD 800mm. 2 of the pipe extrusion machines implements co-extrusion technology to layer the HDPE pipe with antibiofouling and anti UV layer to minimize algae growth and prolong product lifetime. This technology is environmentally friendly and the only one in the world, which makes Aquatec HDPE cages the only cages that have minimum biofouling maintenance.
- Everplast HDPE pipe extrusion machine OD 355mm-800mm with the production capacity of capacity of 160km/year.
- Everplast HDPE co-extrusion pipe machine OD 250mm-450mm with the production capacity of capacity of 160km/year, able to produce HDPE pipe that is layered with 1-2mm thick antibiofouling & anti-UV layer.
- Everplast HDPE co-extrusion pipe machine OD 50mm-250mm with the production capacity of capacity of 450km/year, able to produce HDPE pipe that is layered with 1-2mm thick antibiofouling & anti-UV layer.
2. HDPE Injection Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal operates 3 high capacity HDPE injection machines with pressure up to 530 tonnes, 1600 tonnes, and 2100 tonnes, producing a variety of components to be used in HDPE cages, floating dock, and anti-sink boat.
3. HDPE Monofilament Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces its own HDPE monofilament yarn to ensure quality yarn for aquaculture net. The yarns are elongated up to 900% for superior strength.
4. Yarn Preparation Machines
To process HDPE monofilament yarn and UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) yarn, PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal has a conical winding machine and a twisting machine.
5. Net Knitting Machines
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal knits knotless HDPE and UHMWPE aquaculture net using German Karl Mayer machines
6. Heat Setting Machines
Gani Arta Dwitunggal operates 2 heat setting stenter machines.
Gani Arta Dwitunggal manufactures its own molds for injection machines, ensuring fast and efficient product innovation.
8. WPC (Wood Polyethylene Compound) machines
PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces high quality WPC board profiles for wide industrial and tourism application, including floating dock and floating house with 3 WPC extrusion machines, brushing and embossing machines
9. Boat making machine
Gani Arta Dwitunggal produces HDPE anti-sink boats from HDPE pipe.
Below is an overview of some of PT. Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborations:
- Aquatec cages has been used in several aquaculture research centers in Indonesia such as Batam, Lampung, Situbondo, Gondol, Lombok, Ambon and Wakatobi research center to research grouper, milk fish, pompano, star pomfret, barramundi, lobster, and yellow fin tuna.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Gondol research center in researching yellow fin tuna hatchery, nursery, and growth. Gondol research center currently has 5 units of 50m diameter Aquatec round cages and 1 unit of 35m diameter Aquatec round cage, as well as several other round, octagonal, and square cages.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Padjajaran University in researching hybrid grouper species in Pangandaran and researching environmentally friendly antifouling agent for net. Padjajaran University currently operates 20 slots of Aquatec square offshore cages for research.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with Maluku Marine and Fisheries Department in researching grouper fish.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborates with East Java Marine and Fisheries Department in testing submersible cage and researching grouper fish.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) collaborated with Lampung reseach center to research vanamei shrimp culture in HDPE cages.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) has tested and developed self-feeding 20m diameter round cage for yellow fin tuna at Wakatobi research center.
- Gani Arta Dwitunggal (Aquatec) has developed an artificial coral reef for CSR in Tulamben (Bali) and Batam.